Kick off 2017 at the Peak of Vancouver during our family-friendly New Year’s Eve Celebration. .
From 5:00 pm onward, celebrate the kick-off of 2017 with entertainment and fun for all ages. Glide on our 8,000-square foot mountaintop Skate Pond, take a snow carpet down our new Sliding Zone and be awed by the magical outdoor Light Walk around Blue Grouse Lake. Enjoy incredible performances throughout the night as well as a special 9:00 pm countdown for our littlest revelers that will be sure to light up the sky with a boom!
- Enjoy live musical entertainment by Canadian singer, songwriter, comedian and Juno Award winner, Norman Foote! (7pm-7:30pm & 8:30-9pm, Theatre in the Sky)
- Be awed by contemporary fire performance group, AcroFire Entertainment, and their combination of fire prop manipulation and partner acrobatics! (6pm, 6:45pm, 8pm, 9:05pm, Outdoor Stage)
- Get your photo taken with our magical Snow King and Queen! (5pm-10pm, Mountaintop)
- Dance, laugh and clap with “Ginger & Snap”, the dynamic singing duo! (6:30pm-9:30pm, Mountaintop)
- Enjoy live DJ music at the Skate Pond (4pm to 10pm)
Count down with fireworks!
- Skiing and snowboarding (8:30am to 10pm)
- Ice skating on the Mountaintop Skate Pond (8:30am to midnight)
- Sliding Zone (12pm to 10pm)
- Magical Light Walk (dusk to midnight – please ensure you are wearing snow-appropriate footwear)
- Sleigh Rides (9am to 8:45pm – snow level dependent)
- Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve! (4pm to midnight, Theatre in the Sky)
- New Year’s Eve Crafts (11am to 7pm, Elf Headquarters, Chalet Main Floor)
- Visit the SOS Children’s Gingerbread Village (10am to 9pm, Spirit Gallery)
- Full BBQ (4pm to 10pm, in front of the Chalet)
- Sweet Treats (4pm to 10pm, in front of the Chalet)
- Light Snacks & Festive Refreshments (4pm to 10pm, hiwus Feasthouse, half way point around the Light Walk)